Community Opposition of Disastrous Events - ROBG-21
What is the purpose?
To increase local capacity in rural areas of Romania-Bulgaria border region (regions of Dolj in Romania, Vidin and Montana in Bulgaria) for disasters’ prevention and mitigation trough development of extended volunteer units and their better preparation, including in a cross-border context.
What is the budget?
280.566,42 euro, from which 238.481,46 euro FEDR
Who implements the project?
Lead beneficiary (LB): Vasiliada Association
Beneficiary 2 (B2): Free Youth Centre, Bulgaria
Beneficiary 3 (B3): Bulgarian Red Cross
Beneficiary 4 (B4): Red Cross - Dolj Branch
What is the implementation period?
Start date: 2016-02-02
End Date: 2018-02-01
Period: 24 months
Where it is implemented?
Vidin, Montana and Sofia in Bulgaria
Dolj in Romania
What will happen?
- International meetings of experts;
- Development of methodical materials;
- Web-site development;
- Implementation of 54 training sessions in both countries;
- Implementation of two joint practical exercises;
- Project management.
- 200 volunteers trained and prepared for joint actions in the field of joint early warning and emergency response ;
- 120 local administrations officers prepared for risk management.
What will be the results (what is the contribution to the program)?
Programme outputs: 64,000 peoplebenefiting from actions of risk management.
- increasing the number of specialists on site, prepared for action in case of disaster;
- contribution to the skills of local authorities to manage people in times of emergency;
- improved joint risk management in the cross-border area.
The state of the project
Main results achieved during the implementation of the project:
Population benefiting from actions of risk management: 150,104 people
1 joint evaluation of needs and opportunities for better preparation of volunteer resources implemented;
1 joint methodology for education of volunteers and other relevant experts developed;
800 volunteers from volunteer units trained and prepared for (joint) actions;
120 administrations officers prepared for risk management;
160 relevant local experts involved as an additional resource and educated;
20 local communities better prepared for disaster events’ opposition;
The implementation period of the project was finalized on 02.02.2018