6 Reasons to Visit Mehedinti – Vidin cross-border Area eMS 5 - ROBG-5
What is the purpose?
Creation of a tourism marketing study used to promote tourism in close connection to environmental protection and to provide solutions for cross-border labour market development
What is the budget?
400.468,18 euro, from which 340.397,95 euro FEDR
Who implements the project?
Lead beneficiary (LB): Association Pro-Mehedinti (Association Pro-Mh), Romania
Beneficiary 2 (B2): Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (Bulgaria)
What is the implementation period?
Start date: 2016-02-02
End Date: 2017-10-01
Period: 20 months
Where it is implemented?
Vidin in Bulgaria
Mehedinţi in Romania
What will happen?
- 1 Touristic Marketing Study will be developed
- 4000 Travel guides
- 4000 Tourtistic maps
- 6 souvenirs designs
- 6 films
- 6 touristic routes
- 1 website
- 6 participations at national tourism fairs
- 6 information seminars
- 6 handicraft workshops
- 4000 Craftsmen Books
- 1 Creation Festival
- 1 Conference
What will be the results (what is the contribution to the program)?
Programme outputs: increase with 5 % of the number of visits to natural and cultural attractions in the area, 1 integrated tourist product, 1 common touristic marketing study valorizing the cultural and natural heritage through its restoration and promotion for sustainable economic uses
Programme results: increase with 3500 of tourists’ overnights in the area
The state of the project
The project is finalized.
The main achievements of the project are:
- 10 team meetings held;
- 1 Touristic Marketing Study developed;
- 1 project website: http://mehedinti-vidin.ro/en/;
- 1 travel guide Mehedinti – Vidin (available on the project website);
- 4000 Travel guides printed;
- 4000 Touristic maps printed;
- 6 films produced, (the movies are broadcasted on the project website: http://mehedinti-vidin.ro/en/media/video/);
- 6 touristic routes created;
- 16 information seminars held;
- 6 handicraft workshops held;
- 1 Creation festival field;
- the project was presented at 6 tourism fairs.