Plums For Junk - ROBG-11
What is the purpose?
To inform the population of the target area about the wild life in the protected areas and engage the people in concrete actions for protecting the environment in towns and Natura 2000 protected areas.
What is the budget?
258.191,52 euro, from which 219.462,79 euro FEDR
Who implements the project?
Lead beneficiary (LB): Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century”, Vidin (Bulgaria)
Beneficiary 2 (B2): Association Pro-Mehedinti (Association Pro-Mh), Romania
Beneficiary 3 (B3): Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (Bulgaria)
What is the implementation period?
Start date: 2016-02-02
End Date: 2017-08-01
Period: 18 months
Where it is implemented?
Vidin, Vratsa, Montana in Bulgaria
Mehedinti in Romania
What will happen?
- 4 PLUMS FOR JUNK campaigns in Bulgaria and 4 in Romania
- 2 studies per country for wildlife in protected areas in Mehedinti and Vidin-Oryahovo regions;
- Developing a study of the situation of protected areas of Natura 2000 and wetlands along the Danube;
- Organization of seminars and conferences for institutional and stakeholders;
- Joint strategy for management of protected areas in the CBC area;
- Travelling scout camp and PLUMS FOR JUNK cleansing festival, information campaign in local schools;
- Filming wild life and eco issues along the Danube;
- Promo materials and media campaigns.
What will be the results (what is the contribution to the program)?
- 1 joint strategy for management developed and signed Memorandum of agreement;
- 7 NATURA 2000 sites with coordinated management tools (3 in Romania and 4 in Bulgaria)
The state of the project
Project was finalized.
The project website is :http://prunepentrugunoi.ro/.
2 studies on the status of wetlands and protected Natura 2000 areas in the municipalities along the Danube -1 for Bulgaria and Romania were realized.
8 informational seminars were organized (4 in Romania, 4 in Bulgaria).
A common strategy for management of protected areas was developed and a Memorandum of Understanding and future cooperation was signed.
2 traveling Scout camp in the protected areas in Bulgaria and Romania were organized.
8 cleansing campaigns under the slogan “Plums for junk’ were carried (4 in Bulgaria, 4 in Romania).
One documentary film was developed:http://prunepentrugunoi.ro/video/
Photos from the developed activities: http://prunepentrugunoi.ro/galerie-foto/