Danube - A River with a lot of history DARWLOH eMS 6 - ROBG-6
What is the purpose?
Information and promotion of the identity of the cross-border region and its cultural and historical heritages and improving the tourist flow.
What is the budget?
1.318.347,68 euro, from which 112.059.553,00 euro FEDR
Who implements the project?
Lead beneficiary (LB): “Open Hand” Foundation, OHF (Bulgaria)
Beneficiary 2 (B2): Federation of Employers in Oltenia Region (Romania)
What is the implementation period?
Start date: 2016-03-09
End Date: 2018-03-08
Period: 24 months
Where it is implemented?
Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich in Bulgaria
Mehedinti, Dolj, Olt, Teleorman, Giurgiu, Calarasi, Constanta in Romania
What will happen?
- Joint competitions;
- Joint information campaigns and other activities and events;
- Joint study on cultural and historical sites of landscapes and Danube river in the cross-border;
- Development of 45 models of cultural and historical sites and the Danube landscape;
- Joint exhibitions, promoting the project results.
What will be the results (what is the contribution to the program)?
Programme outputs: 1 integrated tourism product;
Programme results: increase with 280 the number of tourist overnights in the CBC region.
The state of the project
The project implementation started with contacting 15 schools in the eligible area for organising of a children drawing competition on the theme “Do we know the cultural and historical sites in our region?” in view of the determining the 45 cultural and historical sites/objects to be featured in the 3D cross-border area model. Once those were agreed on, the project partners carried-out a field research of the 45 objects and collected information and photo materials necessary for the elaboration of the 3D cross-border area model.
Once the cross-border area model, consisting of 45 models of the selected cultural and historical sites and 15 modules of terrain was elaborated and assembled in November 2017, the project partners proceeded in the period November 2017 – February 2018 with the organization of 8 1-week exhibitions of the cross-border model in Bulgaria (Ruse, Pleven, Dobrich and Montana) and Romania (Craiova, Caracal, Alexandria and Giurgiu). The exhibitions proved very popular among the population, as well as the visitors of the cross-border area attracting more than 56 000 visitors.
The project website can be accessed at http://danubeoldrichhistory.ro/en/home-2/ and Mobile apps “Danube old rich history”can be downloaded in Google Play and App Store.
The contribution to the Programme outputs and results during the project implementation, includes:
- the creation of 1 integrated tourism product - the cross-border area model featured in 8 exhibitions and promoted to tour operators and travel agencies in view of its inclusion in tourist packages;
- 583 visits to sites of cultural and historical heritage, featured in the cross-border area model as a result of the organization of the 8 exhibitions;
- 294 tourist overnights in the eligible area realized by visitors of the 8 exhibitions of the cross-border area model,
The Project partners continue to work for the promotion of the cross-border area model, for accomplishing the contribution to the Programme outputs proposed for the post-implementation period and for ensuring the sustainability of the project results as a whole.